Monday, August 29, 2011

I Can Do It Myself! (No Really, I Can!)

Last weekend I suddenly realized that Will was old enough and capable enough to make his own breakfast. I talked him through the steps on Saturday, and on Sunday I supervised from the dining room.

Selecting his cereal.

Gathering his bowl, cup, and utensils.

Transporting everything, via rocket ship chair, back to the counter.

Pouring his cereal.

Getting out the soy milk and orange juice.

Pouring the milk (while I held my breath).

Recapping the orange juice.

Breakfast is served!

I bet you can guess where all this independence means for our family... This weekend, for the first time in nearly five years, Tom and I are BOTH sleeping in while the the kids fend for themselves. Will knows how to watch On Demand cartoons and make breakfast - what more could they need?

No comments: