Monday, August 8, 2011

A Candy Apple Red KitchenAid Stand Mixer

One afternoon I was watching The Barefoot Contessa when Will woke up from his nap. He joined me on the couch because Ina Garten was baking and frosting cupcakes, but eventually found himself considerably more interested in Ina’s stand mixer than in what she was making with the appliance. At the end of the episode Will turned to me and said, “Mom, I really want you to have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.” I replied that I too wanted me to have a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer – I’ve wanted a red one since I first learned they existed but have never been able to justify the expense. (Will went as far as to tell Tom – completely unprompted – that he wanted me to have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer.)

Luckily for Will, and me, my parents bought me a beautiful candy apple red KitchenAid Stand Mixer as a housewarming gift. It might as well have been a gift for Will.

I bake once or twice a week, mostly because I love to lick the bowl. Will has always enjoyed helping me – in five-minute increments – but now that I have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer his interest in baking has increased 10-fold. (Tune in next week for a post on our Pinkalicious-meets-Go Blue Cupcake Extravaganza!)

Hallie’s just now beginning to show an interest in what we’re doing up on the counter (though she has zero appreciation for my new kitchen appliance) so a couple of weeks ago the three of us baked something together for the very first time. It was a special experience for me - I remember baking with my mom and sister when I was a little girl - and I’m fairly certain that our banana blueberry muffins were the best I’ve ever tasted.


No comments: