Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hallie's bath pictures: 18 months



Hey everyone, I'm back! After a very long couple months, I finally finished and (successfully) defended my dissertation on Monday. So I've had a great week of playing with my kids and relaxing, at least during the evenings. Finally I can get back to more important things like watching football and blogging.

We didn't even realize we'd forgotten to take Hallie's bath pics until a couple days ago, so I took these last night. Apparently Hallie is now old enough to recognize when we're trying to take her picture, and to smile and pose for the camera. Every shot I took had a big bright smile like these here.




As I've been home a lot more the past few weeks, I've gotten to experience Hallie's developing personality as Erin and Will have for a couple months. From what I've gathered, I can summarize her interests thusly:
1) shoes! (sheooze)
2) going outside, once shoes are put on. (aht-SIDE!)
3) going to and down a slide, over and over, once outside. (SAIIIIDE!)
4) speed reading. It's possible that Hallie thinks "reading" means turning book pages as quickly as you can, like a race.
5) singing: Twinkle, Twinkle; the ABCs; Bah-Bah Black Sheep (all the same tune, interchanging words between songs is acceptable); Old MacDonald had a farm. For Will's birthday we went to McDonald's (his choice) and when we asked Hallie if she'd like to go, she replied "E-I-E-I-O". Singing would be higher up on this list, except usually her songs have something to do with the other interests. Last weekend Hallie and her grandmas spent a lot of time singing the song "Hallie likes shoes".

It has been very fun to interact with her as her language skills continue to develop. We have lots of conversations about shoes, Will, and Will's shoes (which she frequently puts on). She can say all of our names, though sometimes she gets a little mixed up. This past week she's been confusing "mama" and "dada" a lot, though maybe she thinks we're the same person with interchangeable names. She's very polite, rarely forgetting to say please ("pees!") and thank you ("dee-dee!") when she wants/gets something. Her manners and interest in shoes make her mom very proud.

One thing she's still not interested in: eating pretty much anything... except for bananas. I took a video earlier this week of Hallie taking down one of her 2 - 3 bananas that she eats each day for breakfast. She makes it looks like an eating contest, it's incredible.




Lots of blog catch-up to do, look for more starting this weekend. As of this post, there have been 28,996 visits to Will and Hallie's page.

No comments: