Monday, May 16, 2011

Four Generations

Last week Grandma Brenda (my mom) and Grandma Geri (my mom’s mom, my grandma) came to visit. I hadn’t seen Grandma Geri since my sister’s wedding in June 2006, and Will and Hallie had never met her. That didn’t matter to either of them though – five minutes after the introductions they were showing her Buzz Lightyear and Minnie Mouse and trying to talk her into playing MLB Memory and reading Blueberries for Sal.



I'm posting this picture because the story behind it is kind of funny... Will asked Grandma if she wanted to play basketball with him, and she answered, "of course, but how about in five minutes when I've finished my drink". Will replied, "alright - can I see your watch?", and then stood right next to her and watched the seconds tick away for five straight minutes.


The Grandmas’ visit was short, especially considering that Grandma Brenda drove all the way from Wisconsin and picked up Grandma Geri in Arkansas along the way, but was also one I’ll always remember. These two days were the first time that all four generations – daughter, mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother – were together.



Will didn’t understand why he couldn’t be in the girls’ picture, so we took one of two generations of boys as well.

No comments: