Thursday, November 8, 2012

12 Months Later

At preschool, Hallie and her classmates learn (well, she relearns, since she sang the same songs last year) a song to go along with each month. Yesterday I filmed her singing the November song, which is appropriated named, "It's November".


As I watched this video I was struck by how simultaneously teeny tiny but also all grown-up Hallie seemed. She may be small in stature, but she is just the opposite when it comes to spirit and presence and awareness of the world around her and, well, verbal skills. That girl never stops talking. Ever.

After I watched this year's "It's November" video, YouTube redirected me to last year's "It's November video.


She was SO little, just a pipsqueak of a toddler who still resembled and spoke in a voice that belonged to her baby-self. Tom and I are both done with babies, and we're unbelievably proud of the children our babies have become, but there are moments when I would give anything to rewind the clock. But since I can't do that, I'll just watch these videos (over and over again) and shed a tear or two.

May
April
March
February
January
December
November
October
September

No comments: