Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Destructo Preschooler

It's no secret that Hallie likes to destroy things. Or to put a positive spin on her behavior, she's kind of like an engineer in that she likes to take things apart (to see how they work?) but has yet to figure out how to put these same things back together.

Here are just a few of the things Hallie has destroyed in the last 10 days.


1. Tom's Rubix Cube. I think most of us took the stickers off a Rubix Cube or two back when we were young; I know I did (sorry Dad). But not Hallie. Hallie figured out - and how is beyond us - to actually disassemble a Rubix Cube. Tom's been working Rubix Cubes for 25 years and has literally never seen a Rubix Cube come apart like this. Reassembling the cube required two hours, taking it apart the rest of the way, and using a Google tutorial to bring it back to life.



2. Her pants. I keep an ink pen in the console in my car. Somehow, in the seven minutes it took us to drive from our house to soccer practice, Hallie retrieved the pen and colored all over the pants she was wearing. I soaked and scrubbed those pants for close to an hour and put them through the washing machine twice, but eventually gave up.



3. All of our dental floss. This photo is of just a small amount of the dental floss I found scattered throughout our house. Needless to say, I didn't make any effort to save the dental floss.


4. Her socks. She used her My Little Pony's unicorn horn to poke a hole in her sock, and then stretched the hole until she could fit a couple of fingers through it. I keep Hallie's knitted sweaters out of her reach because I know with 100% certainty that if she ever got her hands on them, she'd find a thread and pull until she'd unraveled the entire sweater.

And just for fun, a link back to a couple of posts about Hallie's previous destructions.
Destructo Baby
Destructo Preschooler

No comments: