Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Plan

As you likely know, I took over writing this blog in January. Initially I did so simply to help Tom out - he was incredibly busy with work and my schedule was a bit more flexible - but I soon found that even though I had no idea how to blog (Tom had to show me like seven times how to post a picture), I really enjoyed writing about our kids, our family, and our lives together.

I enjoyed blogging so much, in fact, that I decided to start my own blog. A Midwestern Girl in Cowboy Country (http://amidwesterngirlincowboycountry.blogspot.com) will be a place where I can write about and post pictures of topics that aren't as kid-centered as those written about here, and a place where I can pay tribute to where I came from and share stories about where I'm going.

Since January I’ve posted here nearly every weekday, and I’ve found this schedule suits me as I seem to have exactly enough time, energy, and ideas for once-a-day posting. I’m fairly certain that if I tried to post more than five times a week I’d quickly be overwhelmed, and if I posted fewer than five times a week I’d drift away and soon find I’d forgotten all about keeping track of our lives.

Now that I’m writing two blogs, I’m still going to post five (or six) times a week but I’ll split my time between Wiggles and Midwestern Girl. I’ll be here on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; and over at Midwestern Girl on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

I’d love it if you’d join me at Midwestern Girl, or, as they say here in Texas (I heard these exact words last week) – Y’all come back now, y’hear?!

Also, a big thank you to Ferris Creative Media for their help setting up this blog. Visit their website and Facebook page to learn more about the logo creation, design, editing, proofreading, and website development services they provide. Tell 'em the Midwestern Girl sent you!

No comments: