Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Twinsies and Will

Oh, my girls. My matchy-matchy little girls, with their big hearts and spicy personalities and propensity to march to the beat of their own drums and play by their own rules. I love 'em.

Sara and I planned ahead so that when Grandma Brenda and Lily arrived in College Station, Lily and Hallie were already dressed identically.

During their visit, Grandma and Lily joined us for Will's elementary school's Field Day, Hallie's preschool graduation, Will's elementary school's spirit night at McDonald's, Will's last baseball game, Will's end-of-the-baseball-season wrap-up party, Will's end-of-the-year field trip, and a good friend's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese. They also went with Hallie and me on three long walks, to four garage sales, to lunch at Chick-fil-a, and two trips to the park. Needless to say, we all slept well when our heads hit the pillows at night.

Everywhere we went, people assumed Hallie and Lily were sisters, which made sense because even though they look nothing alike, 1) there was only one mom and one grandma with them, 2) Lily looks as much like me (or as much NOT like me) as Hallie does, 3) they have similar personalities, and 4) I dressed them identically every day.

I can't help myself. I loved growing up with a sister, and because neither Hallie nor Lily will every have a sister, my sister Sara and I are trying our best to make sure Hallie and Lily grow up close in relationship, if not in proximity.

And here are a few more of my favorite pics from the four days we spent together.
Will walking Lily into his end-of-the-baseball-season party.
Hallie and Lily brushing and styling each other's hair.
Lily and Grandma at Hallie's preschool graduation.
The girls, waiting on Hallie.
Lily wasn't so sure about Chuck E. Cheese at first.
Dancing near Chuck E. Cheese.
After dancing with Chuck for a while, Lily begged to stand on the
 stage with him. Within five seconds she went from excited and
smiling to screaming her head off. We took a picture before we
rescued her because that's what good grandmas and aunts do.
I love this unstaged-but-appears-to-be-staged antique-y
shot of all three kiddos in an actual antique store.
And finally, here's Hallie and Lily - in IL in February -
wearing matching vests that used to belong to Sara and me.

I can't wait to see "The Family E." (I just came up with that familial phrase and plan to use it frequently in the future) in Wisconsin this summer - it's been too long, and Hallie's been itching to dress like twins with someone again.

No comments: