Thursday, June 12, 2014

Aggie Baseball

Our lovely neighbors have stellar season tickets to - and a parking pass for - Aggie baseball games. Once each spring since we moved into our house three years ago, they've given us their tickets and we've enjoyed a game sitting just a few rows behind home plate. (They never let us pay them for the tickets, so I always bake for them after the games.) 

The game we attended this year fell on the most beautiful night for baseball, and as always, the four of us had a wonderful time.
Getting ready to head out.
Waiting for the game to start.
The boys.
Me and my kiddos.
The four Ferri, in a rare family picture.

Hallie fell asleep on Tom's shoulder midway through the game, which you can see in the picture below. Funny thing is, she's actually face-up under her jacket…she was wearing the jacket backwards to begin with, and when she started looking sleepy we pulled the hood up over her face and she immediately conked out.

After she fell asleep, I decided to take Hallie home to her bed. I carried her - a 33-pound COMPLETELY limp sack of potatoes - out of the stadium and the equivalent of six blocks to our car (our neighbors' parking pass is for a slightly farther away lot this year because the building next to the stadium is under construction and has taken over the better/closer parking lot) and by the time I made it I was sweating bullets and had lost all feeling in my arms. When I finally settled Hallie into her seat I had to sit in the car for 10 minutes before my arms recovered enough to handle the steering wheel. Next time I'll send Tom home with sleeping Hallie...

Tom and Will stayed until the end of the game, rocking the rally caps in hopes that the Aggies would come from behind for the win. They didn't, but my boys still had fun!

No comments: