Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Valentine's Day 2014

Valentine's Day was a little stressful this year. I found myself without the amount of time I needed to implement all of my ideas for crafts, heart-shaped snacks and meals, love notes, and date nights, but somehow I managed to pull off two class parties, gifts for Tom and the kids, and our annual Valentine's Day treasure hunt.

It would have been nice settle down in our giant beanbag chair with a Blue Moon, pizza, and pan of brownies on Valentine's Day evening, but instead we hopped a (very delayed) plane to Peoria, Illinois to surprise the Ekenas for Carter's first birthday party.

The late night on Valentine's Day (I rolled over to go to sleep at 2:58am), the early morning the following day (we all woke up at 6:30am), and the extensive and somewhat stressful travel circumstances were all completely worth it when we showed up on the Ekenas' doorstep and announced, "we heard there was a party!" I love surprises of all shapes and sizes, and this grandiose and complicated surprise was no exception.

Click here for more pics from our trip to Illinois.

Now it's time to gear up for St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: