Thursday, December 29, 2011

Can You Hear Me Now?

A few weeks ago Grandpa Paul got his first hearing aid. Will was very curious about the device itself, how it fit in Grandpa's ear, and how the volume adjusted, so Grandpa helped Will try it out.

Helping Grandpa take his hearing aid out, perhaps a little too aggressively.

Will loved turning the volume up and down - he's already trying to tune me out.

And then, thinking that the hearing aid AND Grandpa's glasses would make him unrecognizable to us, Will donned both. I think glasses make Will look like the little boy from Jerry McGuire.

"The human head weighs eight pounds."

It's kind of silly, but I love watching the kids try on their grandma and grandpa's glasses, hats, jewelry, etc. When I was a little girl I used to trade such things with my grandma and grandpa, believing that doing so made my parents think I was my grandpa and my grandpa was me. My favorite picture of me and my grandpa is of the two of us sitting on the couch, me wearing his black framed glasses and him wearing my pink glasses and clutching my Winnie the Pooh.

No comments: