Monday, October 29, 2007

First haircut: Will is a boy now



ok I know there's probably going to be some backlash for this, especially from Uncle Adam, but you have to understand Grandma Susan is in town and she has a lot of experience cutting little boys' curly hair so we had to take advantage.



Even though the voters decided we should never cut Will's hair, we did in fact get up to the magic number of five people, and then some, telling us what a beautiful daughter we have, so we decided to test and see if trimming it a little left the curls but made him look more like a boy. When we found out it did, Grandma did a very nice job trimming all around after the bath yesterday.



It was quite an experience and I tried to document it as thoroughly as I could. Basically, he cried a lot but I think that was because he was tired and it was bedtime more than being upset about losing his golden locks. Fortunately Grandpa Mike and Duke helped to cheer him up.



What a little gentleman. Here are pictures from multiple angles so you can see how good he looks!





Thanks Grandma!

2 comments:

Opinion said...

I am trying really hard to manage my feelings on this one. On one hand, I am only Will's uncle. Decisions on the boy's appearance are outside of my jurisdiction. Let it not be said that I do not know my place. I will, however, for the sake of He who cannot speak for himself (Will), express my views on the subject.

I understand this is a family blog, and as such, am applying a very thick layer of restraint on my language and tone here.

He may be, as you say, "a boy now". Do I have to remind you of this, or this?!

If gender specificity is what you seek, these photo-sessions raise some questions about your stance on the issue.

This is an affront to what should be a celebration of the genetic contributions of the Ferris and Moeller families.

This is too much for me to deal with right now. I love you all, but haircuts are not the way.

Opinion said...

I just watched the video. You are all sadists.