Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Her Secret Garden

For whatever reason, when the city planned our neighborhood 25 years ago, the decision-makers chose to turn the lot across the street from our house into a landscaped green space rather than a build a home on it. The green space isn't exactly a park, but we use it often for playing baseball (the pitcher stands in the green space and throws the ball across the street to the batter, who stands in our front lawn), playing hide-and-seek, and taking photos. Hallie enjoys the space more than the rest of us, specifically because on one end the landscapers added a stone path and surrounded the path with rose bushes…Hallie's secret garden. 

I took these photos a couple of weeks ago (on a Saturday afternoon after her dance rehearsal, which is why her hair is up in a perfect bun) with my zoom lens - she had no idea I was snapping away, and I have no idea what she was doing.

Meditating, maybe? I could use a little peace and quiet in my life - perhaps I should spend a bit of time in her secret garden.

No comments: