Thursday, May 2, 2013

Skillz

It took Will MONTHS to learn this trick:



I filmed this video a little over a year ago, when Will was five, and in the months since then he's gotten much better at hurling himself around the bars on the playground. Now I'm helping him learn how to do pull-ups, as well as how to swing back and forth while hanging from his knees and then kick his legs off to land standing and without his hands ever touching the ground.

Hallie's of course been around during these "lessons", and this week it became apparent that she's been watching and listening.

Last week she just walked right up to the bar and started flipping herself around it.  (While wearing a bee-utiful princess dress, sparkly sandals, and as you can see, no shorts to cover her underwear.  My bad.)


Then last weekend, she walked up to the same bar and did three pull-ups. Three pull-ups. And then three more pull-ups. And then three more pull-ups. Tom can do three pull-ups, but that's about it. Will can barely do one pull-up, and that's after working really hard on his upper body strength all year. I can barely do one pull-up, and I'm physically stronger now than I've ever been in my entire life. But Hallie? Hallie can do three sets of three pull-ups. (Granted, she weighs 28 pounds soaking wet, but still.)

I didn't get a picture because I was so shocked, and because after a few sets of pull-ups she decided they were "totally boring" and walked away.

No comments: