Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It's a Rainy Day

It rained here once, and on that glorious day we made the kids walk in the rain twice. They didn't complain, primarily because the air and rain temperatures were quite warm, but also because they LOVE to wear their rain boots and carry around their umbrellas. (We used to let Will play with his umbrella in the house, but when he started using it like a boat and sitting in it - which resulted in three broken umbrellas in less than two weeks - umbrellas became an outdoors-only toy. Now both Will and Hallie live for rain so the umbrellas can come down off the out-of-reach shelf in the front closet.)

This walk - the second of the day - only lasted to the end of our street and back, but it was probably the best 15 minutes of my weekend.
So handsome.
Humidity curls - she's clearly my daughter.
"OMG there's an ant!  I can't walk there, Daddy!
Pick me UUUUUUUPPPPPPPP!"
There is very little I love more than walks in the rain with my people.

No comments: