Monday, September 8, 2008

"booh bah"


Erin is a big fan of Winnie-the-pooh - aka "Pooh bear" ("booh bah") - and she has been her entire life. Any of you who, like me, have spent time teasing her about her stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh bear know this (only light teasing!). So anyway we have lots of Pooh books and art and stuffed animals, and sometimes we watch the cartoon "My Friends Tigger & Pooh" (although Erin and I usually watch ironically and I have a hard time suppressing crude jokes about which characters I'd like to drop-kick). Fact is dad's a bit of a fan of Pooh also, at least his friend Tigger (that's Tigger on the right).



A little-known fact: Erin actually has a tattoo of Pooh next to her navel. Will knows this well, and whenever he has an opportunity to check out Pooh and say hello he usually will. For example, when we sit him down in his highchair to eat and are putting on his bib, he is at the right height to look for "booh bah". Even when I am seating him, he'll pull up my shirt, talking about "booh" and then he's confused when he sees my big tummy but no Pooh.



So last time Grandma Brenda came to visit she brought Will his own Pooh costume and he played in it for awhile. Sadly, I guess it was too small so it had to be returned. But he had a good time in it for awhile.


No comments: