Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Well, Would You Look at That.

The two children who live in my house (one of whom informed me this evening that if I didn't give her four Oreos for dessert - and no, she wasn't going to eat her dinner beforehand - she wasn't going to be my kid anymore) have finally learned how to make their beds, and on one glorious day last week, BOTH children made their beds on the same day. Walking in to Will and Hallie's rooms and discovering these beautifully made beds felt like Christmas morning, at least for me.
We're still working on folding up the blanket and putting away the tablet and books.
Notice how she folded her blanket and placed it at the foot of the bed.  I'm giddy.

Now then, if I could just get them to actually SLEEP in their beds...
Why is the six-year-old napping and the three-year-old jumping
on his bed?  Not exactly what my ideal rest time looks like.

1 comment:

Sara Ekena said...

I love the beds, but I am a bigger fan of the last picture.