Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Break

Spring Break 2013 wasn't a typical spring break; instead of heading south toward warmer weather, I (by myself!) flew north the land of ice and snow and wind chills in the single digits to visit the Mueller and Ekena families and meet baby Carter. My trip was made possible by the generosity of Grandpa Mike and Grandma Susie, who flew in to College Station to take care of Will and Hallie while I was away (Tom had to work and then travel to Baltimore for a conference).

Will and Hallie had a great time playing at the park, planting vegetables and flowers, painting fingernails, reading books, and watching movies with Grandma and Grandpa.
Putting candles in Grandpa's birthday cake.
Painting fingernails with Grandma.
Planting tomatoes, peppers, onions, and strawberries.
Crying about the worm she saw in the dirt.
And what a lovely outfit she's wearing, might I add.
Meanwhile, up in Illinois I loved visiting with Grandma Brenda, Grandpa Paul, Sara, and Jeff; spending quality time with Lily; and getting to know Carter.
"It's a necklace, Grandpa."
Already an expert on Grandma's phone.
Dancing
Teeny, tiny little hand
Dreamin'
Carter looks so much like Will here...
...and here.
Sweet feet
Making mischief in his dreams.
He looks like he's wrapped in an animal pelt.
Totally zonked
And then totally exasperated with me and this photo shoot.
When Tinkerbell attacks
Lily's turn
Vampire teeth
Angelic
Lounging
Contemplative
Working the camera
I may have used red Tic Tacs as a bride to get her to sit still.
Helping Grandma open her birthday presents.
Sara and Lily working out.  Well, Sara's working out.
More help.
Just for fun, I spent a bit of time wearing Sara's wedding dress.
And then I finally let Lily have a turn.
I returned to College Station late in the day on Tuesday, and enjoyed relaxing with the kids and Tom (once he returned from his conference and caught up on a little work) for the remainder of spring break.  It was a lovely trip to Illinois, and a great break overall, but when Monday morning rolled around, well, I think we were all ready for school to start again.  And so now we begin counting down to summer vacation!

No comments: