Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mini-Sara

I didn't see the similarities at first (though all newborn babies kind of look the same: like sacks of potatoes with prunes for faces), but ever since Lily grew out of the newborn stage it has been impossible to deny that she is her mother's daughter.

I vaguely remember Sara as a baby, but my memories of Sara as a toddler and a preschooler are much clearer. I am struck, nearly every time I look at Lily, by how much she looks like Sara as a little girl. Their personalities are as different as night and day (Lily, to me, seems a pretty typical oldest child, while Sara was a much more easy-going second child), but beyond that they could be twins.  Here are a couple of fun comparisons between the two of them.  Please try your best to ignore Sara's terrible bowl haircut.
Lily, 2012
Sara, 1983/4
Lily, 2012
Sara, 1983/4
Sara, 1983/4
(you have to look past the fact that Sara's sitting
on the potty and focus on the face she's making)
I've never had a "mini-me" - both Will and Hallie have looked like Tom since the day they were born and are still today clearly his children (I've been asked more than once if I'm their nanny) - so it's kind of fun for me to see a child in our family look so much like the person from whom she came.

And don't worry, Jeff, I'm sure the next one will look just like you.

No comments: