Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Princesses

"Look at me, Mama...I look just like Princess Merida!"
They're like twins, separated at birth and by continents, centuries,
and the fact that one of them is a fictional cartoon.

"Look at me, Mama...I'm Princess Katniss!"
Not even close, kid.  Katniss isn't even a princess.
(Hunger Games fans are probably thinking that Hallie looks a little like Effie...I agree.)

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hallie has recently gravitated toward these two bow-and-arrow-wielding heroines; I expect she's looking for a way to simultaneously live the lush life of a princess and physically dominate her older and larger brother.  (For the record, all Hallie knows about Katniss is that she uses a bow and wears a braid, but apparently that's all one needs to be considered a princess in Hallie's eyes.)

No comments: