Saturday, August 15, 2009

Will's a Great Helper - Part 1

Today's entry is the first in my new "Will's a Great Helper" series.  I realized that I have a number of pictures of Will trying to help me take care of Hallie, so whenever Tom needs a little break from blogging (or when he doesn't have time because of work, like right now) I'll share one of my stories and hopefully include pictures as well.

Holding Hallie
Will holds Hallie quite often, but usually the activity lasts for only a few seconds because Hallie strongly dislikes the insecurity that comes with sitting on a two-year-old's tiny, uncomfortable lap.  Hallie starts off smiling when I set her down, but within 10 seconds of Will wrapping his bony arms around her she's screaming at the top of her lungs and Will is announcing "Mama, I all done wiff (with) holding Hawee (Hallie)."  The pictures below document the one time Will was able to convince Hallie that his lap wasn't all that bad.

Shot #1: A miserable Hallie claws an enthusiastic Will in the face...  
























Shot #2: Hallie's still unhappy, but Will can tell he's winning her over...
























Shot #3: Success!  Will was so proud of himself, and Hallie refrained from crying for a whole 13 seconds.
























And one shot of a mama and her babies...


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Boy, do I miss you guys!