Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A real crawl! (non-froggy-style)

While Erin and I were eating dinner tonight (in the basement, watching the Tigers while Will played with the toys in his basement toy-basket), Will pulled the handle off the green lazyboy, exposing the sharp edges of the shaft used to recline it. So to distract him away from the interesting and dangerous thing, I set up some of his more attracting toys and beckoned him to them. I looked away and Erin suddenly got really excited: "Look! Look!" I thought she was talking to Will (look at the exciting toys!) but when I glanced at Will I saw he was crawling, on his knees, and doing it well enough that I hardly even noticed he was doing it for the first time. Very exciting.

We baited him with some other toys a little ways away, and he immediately belly flopped and froggy-crawled to them. So he hasn't completed the transition. But at least we have some hope that his shirts won't be so dirty and stretched out while he continues to get closer to walking. If he does the real crawl a little more often and I'll try to get some videographic evidence in the near future.

1 comment:

Chris n' Brennie said...

HOLY CRAP! Norah also did her first real crawl on Tuesday! I think the babies are linked!