Thursday, August 16, 2007

playing disc golf in the backyard



I am something of a disc golf nut, and I have taken Will with me to local courses many times. Will really seems to enjoy our trips and likes watching me make the sweet throws that I do. He also likes when the discs hit things and make noise, whether it's in the basket (where you're supposed to get the disc to, like the hole in regular golf) or a tree or other obstacle which I don't intend to hit. Last year Erin got me my own basket so I could practice throwing at it in the backyard, and I do fairly often. Since Will is now big enough to semi-entertain himself in the yard, sometimes he helps me practice. Usually this means he holds my discs until I throw them, but last weekend I taught him to throw the disc into the basket himself. Sort of. He got a kick out of it though so we got a quick video.

No comments: