Friday, December 7, 2007

Will fetches - Uncles Adam and Grant will like this one

Will and I play with his "throwing balls" a lot. He's getting better at throwing them, but really the most fun is fetching them from across the room and bringing them to me. After he brings them to me sometimes he climbs on my lap to sit there and watch while I try to juggle them, but sometimes he wants me to throw them somewhere in the room so he can fetch them again.

Anyway, when he fetches, he prefers to throw the balls into my lap, as you can see in the video below. This can be dangerous, given that he can throw with some velocity and his aim is not great. Also, Will is starting to consider several things, not just the throwing balls, as throwable/fetchable and so he will bring them to me in this way. Let's just say that I have had "the wind knocked out of me" a few times when Will has surprised me with some toy violently deposited in my lap - perhaps, as Uncle Adam suggests, as karmic retribution for years of attacks I delivered to Adam and Grant growing up.

No comments: