Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Will walks!

Will took his first real steps today! We knew he was getting very close so we've been taking chances to encourage him - having him stand and hold onto something, and holding our arms out a few feet away for him to come to us. Usually he just butt-drops and crawls over, but a few times last weekend I got him to take a half-step and fall into my arms. I didn't count those though, we needed at least 2 consecutive, free-standing steps.
We're in Madison visiting Grandma and Grandpa Mueller for Thanksgiving. Erin and I went for a long walk this morning while Will played with Grandma. She discovered that her little red footstool was perfect height for Will to sit on. When she sat near him and held her arms out for him to come to her, he stood up from the stool and stumbled over. As soon as we got home from our walk, we got him to do it a couple times for Erin and I - it was great.
Sure enough, as soon as I got the camera out he stopped doing it. So the first part of the video below shows several "misses" - where he almost stood up but not quite. Finally he stood up for Grandma and stumbled over to her and I caught it on video. Enjoy!

No comments: