Friday, May 23, 2008

shower-hugs



I've been riding my bike to the lab a lot lately, which means when I come home from the 25-minute ride, Erin usually insists I shower off before bed. So since Will has to take a bath every night anyway, sometimes we'll take a shower together. For whatever reason, when I'm holding him in the shower, Will insists on hugging on to my neck very tightly - like I'm going to drop him or something. We call it "shower-hugging", and it's my favorite kind of hug. He also likes them: when I have to put him down to wash myself he will whine until I pick him back up again - then he immediately locks his arms around my neck and holds on for dear life. When I come home and know there's a shower in my near future, I'll ask Will "do you want to shower with daddy tonight and shower-hug?" His response: "YAAAAAAH!!!!"



Here's a tip for those who will get a chance to see Will sometime soon: if we want Will to give us a really good hug (and we're not in the shower), we can ask him for a "shower-hug" and he'll squeeze really tight. It should work.


Here's a gem Erin captured on camera. Busted!

No comments: