Friday, January 11, 2008

Willie's Wiimotes



When we were at the Lodge, I brought my favorite toy, the Nintendo Wii, so I could whoop up on everyone in Wii bowling. Occasionally I play the Wii at home and Will hangs out and watches, but he usually gets a impatient fairly quickly, even when I give him a controller of his own. On this trip, however, Will became obsessed with the Wii remotes (Wiimotes). He was insistent on holding one whenever he could, I mean all the time. When we would put him down for a nap and had to take it away from him, he would cry so emphatically everyone at the Lodge would come running to see what horrible event had just occurred. As soon as we got him up from his nap or in the morning, he had no interest in good-morning hugs, but immediately pointed to the mantel where we kept the Wiimotes.




This worked out just fine for the week up there, since there wasn't a ton to do we played a lot of Wii together. Will "played Wii" - by that I mean waved the Wii remote around while facing the TV screen - even when the machine wasn't on. Here Uncle Grant and Will are having a good time playing Wii even though a DVD was playing.




If given the option, Will prefers to hold both Wiimotes. Note in the picture on the right how he puts the safety strap on his wrist - he does that sometimes, all by himself.

No comments: